Dr. Xiaozhen MOU (牟晓真）
Department of Biological Sciences,
Kent State University, Ohio, USA
Education and professional experience
2014- Associated Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, Kent State University, Kent OH
2008-2013 Assistant Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, Kent State University, Kent OH
2006-2008 Postdoctoral Research Associate. Department of Marine Sciences, University of Georgia, Athens, GA. (Advisor: Dr. Mary Ann Moran)
2000-2006 Ph.D., Marine Microbial Ecology, Department of Marine Sciences, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA
Linking bacterial phylogeny with their metabolic functions in natural aquatic environments, to understand fundamental questions in an ecological/environmental context, such as the role of bacteria in biogeochemical cycling of essential nutrients. Experimental metagenomics or metatranscriptomics coupled with bioinformatics are employed as the core approach to simultaneously identify the taxonomic diversity, genetic capability, and metabolic activity of selected taxonomic and functional groups of aquatic bacteria.
报告题目: Polyamines as important component to marine DON transformation报告时间：6月7上午10:00-11:00地点:中国海洋大学环境威尼斯官方app下载与工程学院会议室(环科院A209)
Bacteria, nitrogen cycle and Omics in marine biogeochemistry
Classroom: Laoshan Campus, 3305
June 3rd, Fri.
1) Kirchman Chapter 1 Introduction and overview of marine bacteria.
2) Kirchman Chapter 2 Understanding the roles of microbes in marine biogeochemistry.
June 6th, Mon.
1) Kirchman Chapter 7 Organic matter-Bacteria interactions in seawater.
2) Readings on production and consumption of Methane.
June 10th, Fri.
1) Chap. 24 The marine nitrogen cycle.
2) Readings on Nitrogen fixation, Nitrification, Denitrification, Anammox and DNRA.
June 13th, Mon.
Omics and its application in marine biogeochemistry.
海洋与生态教育部重点实验室 环境威尼斯官方app下载与工程学院国际合作与交流处 2016年4月5日